No, Satya hasn't responded yet. I just sent her that email on Thursday, though.
I supported getting Satya elected, btw; I, too, figured she was "one of us." I
do hope that she will come around on this, and I'm encouraging others in the
neighborhood to contact her as well. I have been in touch with Michael Shinner
and am on his list to contact when opportunities to speak at public meetings
come up. I'd love the chance to bike to a meeting and share my experience and
views. And I've just recently chatted with some of my Sheridan Triangle
neighbor/activists who support this.

And I'm trying to think up other things to do -- like making a point, when I
ride my bike to Dorn True Value and other businesses, of letting them know (in
a very friendly way) that I am a regular customer AND that I got there by bike,
and sharing whatever difficulties/obstacles there were to doing so. I saw in
some of the old documents that Dorn opposed the two-lane thing "back then," so
I'd really like to work on them in a friendly, business-supportive way... I do,
in fact, really value the neighborhood hardware stores (Meikle up at Sherman
Plaza is another one I frequent) -- as I'm sure the elderly residents of
Sherman Glen do, when they can brave the highway traffic to get there!

Is there any way to find out which other businesses do or don't support making
Sherman more bike- and ped-friendly? I don't suppose there's anything as
fabulous as an up-to-date list at this point...? (Maybe that's something for my
neighborhood, or Shinner's committee, to compile!)

Thanks to all who are giving me background information, and thanks too for the
work you've done in the past!

JoAnne Lehman