At the risk of wearing out this thread, let me address a few points.

* I'm in favor of using bikies for 'political' speech as in advocacy, as in
pushing for legislative changes that help biking, but not for 'political' as in
promoting a particular candidate. Unless biking is actually a campaign issue
for that candidate, which it almost never is, sadly.

* On the other hand, neither I, nor Mike B., nor Eric W nor BFW, nor anyone
else 'speaks for' all bikies. So feel free to offer your own suggestions as to
what is appropriate for this list.

* Or not. These kinds of discussions are a distraction from more important
issues.

* If you've got a link to something, you should explain what it is, and why you
think its relevant.  This is after all a discussion list. Give us something to
discuss. And some of us are reluctant to click on things that might be spam, or
worse.

* my initial reaction to John's posts is that they were simply pro-Obama
fliers. W/o seeing the poster, there was no way to know that it had anything to
do with biking. For those of you who are wondering, it seems to be promoting a
race in Washington DC. (Which isn't at relevant to 'our area', but thats just a
quibble). So it turns out this whole business of politial speech is really
irrelevant, and we could have avoided all this nonsense if John had simply
said,'hey, come to our race!'

Anyway, the weather this week has bee really great for biking!

--
=====
darin