On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:41:29PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thank you for your help. Your script did work smoothly and help me
> much :-)

That's great! :)

> But one thing interesting, by symlink Maildir/INBOX to Maildir
> which is its father directory, I found some endless hierarchical
> problem, for example, if I like, I could just "cd
> ./INBOX/INBOX/INBOX/INBOX/INBOX/...../INBOX" ;-)

Yep, that's possible.

> Since I am a thorough newbie to IMAPdir, I don't know if this is
> the natrue of it.

Well, no, not really. The reason for this symlink hack is that IMAP
defines the folder INBOX to be the place where new mail arrives. (Or
if it doesn't, at least that has become the defacto standard.) But
most delivery systems are designed to deliver into a single, stand-
alone maildir, the delivery systems don't know and don't care about
any other folders in the Maildir.

So the symlink is used instead of changing the delivery program so
that it delivers to Maildir/INBOX, which would certainly be a cleaner
solution.

Also, I'm not sure that IMAP allows having messages in the root
folder.

//Peter