On 24 Nov 2005, at 11:38, Andreas Aardal Hanssen wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
I will never reply to a challenge, so this is my only method to let
Mr Hanssen know.

If you can't take the time to hit the reply button, then why did you take the time to write an email in the first place? I prefer you getting that
response from your email getting filtered into a spam folder any time.

Andy :-)

I am surprised that you do not see why I did not hit the reply button...
What was not clear about the unacceptable drawbacks of challenge/ response methods? I am not certainly willing to start a war about this! but please reread the sentence:

"it creates scatter spam to innocent third parties whose address might have been forged in the original spam"

that is just one of the costs of challenge/response.

Besides, your challenge comes from an address that does not accept bounces, so it is just by chance that it managed to get to me. How more broken can it get?

Giuliano