On 02/14/2013 10:18 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:
More AAAA records 1/3/2013 than in the named.ca stub which IF my version has
it builtin raises the question about keeping current at this time in the
Internet (and trusting Redhat to roll in new builtin hints as they go).
No need to worry. They are only hints, and named uses them to get the
current list of root name servers at startup.

Thanks. Now I just have to find out from the Centos list if my version has them built in.

Even if they are 15 years
out of date it will still work, because the root name servers do not
change very often.

And with anycast they will probably not change until IPv9...

Check out RFC 1606.