Thanks for the response, but you're answering a different question than I asked. :) The question I'm interested in is, "Why is the recursive server not pegging the CPU?" I'm aware that there will be a difference in qps between auth-only and recursive, but the recursive server seems to be working a lot less hard than the auth server, and I can't figure out why.

Doug