On 01/12/2014 07:30 PM, Barry Margolin wrote:
In article <mailman.2014.1389579103.20661.bind-us...@lists.isc.org>,
  Doug Barton <do...@dougbarton.us> wrote:

Thanks for the response, but you're answering a different question than
I asked. :)  The question I'm interested in is, "Why is the recursive
server not pegging the CPU?" I'm aware that there will be a difference
in qps between auth-only and recursive, but the recursive server seems
to be working a lot less hard than the auth server, and I can't figure
out why.

If the answer isn't already in cache,

The answers are all in cache. We're pre-loading the data, and only running queries for data that we're pre-loading.

Doug