Am 05.06.21 um 19:15 schrieb Ondřej Surý:
Folks, I would appreciate if we can say on the topic. Specifically, I consider
this rhetorical discussion on the meaning of the word “portable” neither useful
to the subscribers of this list nor productive.

besides that - i didn't hear a serious reasoning for a native named binary on windows these days and given there are tons of ways running a linux binary compared to 20 years ago i call it a waste of time

* it eats time better invested
* it makes code more complex
* more complex code implies more errors