Since we have already established that this is not a **dig** issue, you might
want
to look at the `minimal-responses` option. The default has changed from `no` to
`no-auth-recursive` in 9.12.0

Anyway, the 9.16.0 is doing the right thing because there's a zone cut between
the two names, any resolver still has to revalidate the answer, and there's no
point in appending records that would be thrown away anyway.

Cheers,
Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ond...@isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel
obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.

>>> xxx.xxx.xx.140         <-------- Here we get in addition the IP of