Yes, gladly. Thank you for taking time to help me. Here is the exact line of R
code where we build the samtools command (the file to be tested is added later):

args <- paste("mpileup -ERI",   #Redo Baq, ignore readgroups, and skip indels
                 "-f", refFasta(param),
                 "-C 50",
                 "--min-MQ", minMapQuality(param),
                 "--min-BQ", minBaseQuality(param),
                 "--region", as.character(chrRange, ignore.strand=TRUE))

As you can see, we use the BAQ score to filter. We have tried to implement it
without BAQ (using Rsamtools) and found it negatively affected our results.