Dear BIRD community,

I plan to use the BIRD EVPN beta implementation (https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/-/tree/evpn?ref_type=heads) for a private Lab. I use EVPN in my employer's data center (based on FRR), so I am already quite familiar with EVPN.

If I don't miss anything, the current EVPN implementation does't support EVPN IRB as described in RFC 9135. Since I only want to use BIRD EVPN in a lab, this is not a big problem for me. Of course I could use FRR, which supports IRB, but since I use BIRD everywhere, it would be nice if I could also use it in the EVPN lab.

So my question is: Are there any plans to implement RFC 9135 in the foreseable future? I know, this isn't a 5 minute task and fully understand if it's not planned due to low priority. Maybe I can use the new L3VPN feature as an alternative then. Has anyone tried it yet? Otherwise, I'll have a look at it, as soon as I find some time.

Best regards,
Erik