Hello Erik,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 01:30:06PM +0200, Erik Stomp via Bird-users wrote:

> If I don't miss anything, the current EVPN implementation does't support
> EVPN IRB as described in RFC 9135.
> Since I only want to use BIRD EVPN in a lab, this is not a big problem for
> me. Of course I could use FRR, which supports IRB, but since I use BIRD
> everywhere, it would be nice if I could also use it in the EVPN lab.

Honestly, I'm now unaware of what is exactly supported as it's still in
development but Santiago should know, cc-ing him.

> So my question is: Are there any plans to implement RFC 9135 in the
> foreseable future? I know, this isn't a 5 minute task and fully understand
> if it's not planned due to low priority.

Basically the EVPN implementation depends on companies requesting this
feature while having BIRD Support. This way, if you were into persuading
your employer to migrate from FRR to BIRD …

… contact me off-list with more details and a quote for BIRD Support.

Have a nice weekend!
Maria

--
Maria Matejka (she/her) | BIRD Team Leader | CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.