I arrived at the area where the Gray Flycatcher was seen at about 3 PM and
met Sheldon McGregor.  The bird was nowhere to be found.  After about 20
minutes we saw another birder walking along the fence coming from the west.
I didn't catch his name but he informed us of the bird's location.  It was
about 200 m. west of the cattails.  When you walk across the field instead
of crossing over the fence walk west to the top of a hill.  You can cross
the fence there it is very low.  Continue west about another 50 m.  The
fence meets another fence and there is a steel gate there.  The bird was in
this area.  We watched it for about 20 minutes till about 4 pm.  A young man
approached us and told us that the owner who lives on River Road gives a few
people permission to rabbit hunt the area. I can't remember the name he gave
us but he didn't tell us where on River Road the owner lived anyway.  He
thought we should probably get permission and also warned us of all the
hunters around.

Karl Dix
Hamilton

Directions for Gray Flycatcher:

Follow highway 3 west of Cayuga crossing the Grand River.
Turn north (right) on River Road. Follow a few
kilometers to Indiana Road W. Turn left (west, the only
choice) onto Indiana Road W. Drive 1.9 km and pull off
on the north side of the road. Walk across the field
to the north (this is private property - it would be nice to
contact the owner - I'm afraid we didn't) about 100 m.
until you reach a line of trees.  Cross carefully the barbed wire fence.
Beyond the fence is the creek.

"Karl Dix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.