Hello All,

Jean & I visited Rock Point P.P. today.  From 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM we
observed a total of 8 Ruddy Turnstones (5 adults & 3 juveniles), 13
Sanderlings (non-breeding), 1 Solitary Sandpiper, 3 Semipalmated Sandpipers,
1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 3 Least Sandpipers, 3 Short-billed Dowitchers, 3
Killdeer, 2 Semipalmated Plovers, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs & 3 Yellow Warblers.

Returning home we visited Morgan's Point.  Observed the following at the
conservation area.

1 Olive-sided Flycatcher
3 Baltimore Orioles
6 Turkey Vultures sitting on the limestone shore
1 Solitary Sandpiper
1 Semipalmated Sandpiper
1 Least Sandpiper
5 Killdeer
1 Peregrine Falcon, flew towards us, then passed us at it headed west along
the shoreline
1 Yellow Warbler

At the base on Morgan's Point we observed, 3 Caspian Terns, 3 Semipalmated
Plovers, 3 Killdeer, 3 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 1 Spotted Sandpiper & many
gulls.

In addition, many Monarch Butterflies were observed at Rock Point & Morgan's
Point.

Bob Highcock & Jean Hampson
St. Catharines, ON

Directions:

Many ways to Rock Point from Hwy. 3.  From Hwy 3 east of Dunnville (heading
west) turn left on Bird Rd., turn right on Mumby Rd., turn left on Feeder
Ln. (Reg. Rd. 3) and turn left on Niece Rd (entrance on Niece Rd).

For Morgan's Point, from Hwy. 3 in Wainfleet, turn on Golf Course Rd towards
the lake (south).  Road curves west and becomes Lakeshore Rd.  Turn left on
Morgan's Point Rd.  Conservation area will be on the right hand side near
the end of the road.

The base is slightly east of the conservation area.  Instead of following
the curve of Lakeshore Rd. continue south towards Lake Erie on Harbourview
Rd.  A small parking area will be on the left.  Birds are observed from this
area.