I was up on the Trent River today near Hastings in Northumberland County. Over
the course of a couple of hours several small waves of migrant passerines were
moving southwards towards Rice Lake. Included were Warbling Vireo, Ovenbird, Am
. Redstart, Northern Waterthush and YB Sapsuckers + others that got past before
I could grab my bins from the car. I guess the migration has begun!

On another note, I was asked by the Town of Ajax to help them develop a birding
page on the website and to compile an annotated bird checklist. I have done so
and if you're interested pls go to http://www.townofajax.com/Page3707.aspx to
check it out. This is very progressive of the Town and it's nice to see a
municipality put value on birds and nature in their community.

If you find any errors or can provide additional info pls email me privately.
The posting of this information was approved by the Ontbirds convenor.

Geoff Carpentier
www.avocetnatureservices.com