Hi ONTBirders:

I spent the morning birding along Opinicon Road, both at the Skycroft
campgrounds and further south on Opinicon Road near the QUBS tree swallow study
area.  YELLOW-THROATED VIREOS can be found in good numbers, pretty much
anywhere along Opinicon Road.  I observed 11 species of warbler, including
OVENBIRD, BLACK-AND-WHITE, MAGNOLIA, NASHVILLE, NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH,
BLACK-THROATED BLUE and BLACK-THROATED GREEN, two GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLERS near
the old cemetery, and only one CERULEAN WARBLER singing across from the
Skycroft campground entrance.

In odds and ends, there were RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS, SCARLET TANAGERS,
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS, an INDIGO BUNTING, a RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER at the old
cemetery, a LINCOLN'S SPARROW along Opinicon Road near Darling Road, and a
YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO on the Lindsay Lake Trail.

Good birding!

Pat

DIRECTIONS: Follow Hwy 15 south past Portland, turning right onto Chaffeys Lock
Road. Follow this through Chaffeys Lock (where the road becomes Opinicon Road)
for about 8km. Watch for the "Skycroft Campgrounds" sign on the left, and
anywhere along the roadside and along the marked trails across from the
campgrounds are fair game for the species mentioned.