After the month of December, the cumulative provincial winter list stands at
205 species. This is already the second highest winter list we have had since
keeping track 6 winters ago. The highest was last year's 224 and the average is
202. I have sent the updated list to Blake Maybank and he will post them on his
web page soon. A link to the webpage:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/maybank/other/onwinter.htm

Since the last update 9 species have been added. They are Gray Partridge
(December 21), Virginia Rail (December 27), Slaty-backed Gull (December 30),
jaeger sp. (December 22), American Three-toed Woodpecker (December 26), Gray
Catbird (December 28) Yellow-throated Warbler (mid December), Northern
Waterthrush (December 22), and Harris's Sparrow (December 22). A California
Gull was present on the Niagara River but I have not heard of any reports
confirming it on the Ontario side of the river.
Some of the most likely species to be added to the list include Brant,
California Gull, Pomarine Jaeger, Boreal Owl, Barn Owl, and Blue-headed Vireo.
Please shoot me an email if you know of any sightings of the missing species,
or anything else that would be new for the list.

Josh Vandermeulen
Guelph, Ontario

joshvandermeu...@live.ca
519-222-5420 (cell)