xor--- via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> writes:
> On Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:20:46 AM Rusty Russell via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>> So, what should moderation look like from now on?
>
> The original mail which announced moderation contains this rule:
>> - Generally discouraged: [...], +1s, [...]
>
> I assume "+1s" means statements such as "I agree with doing X".
>
> Any sane procedure of deciding something includes asking the involved people
> whether they're for or against it.
> If there are dozens of proposals on how to solve a particular technical
> problem, how else do you want to decide it than having a vote?

+1s here means simpling say "+1" or "me too" that carries no additional
information.  ie. if you like an idea, that's great, but it's not worth
interruping the entire list for.

If you say "I prefer proposal X over Y because <reasons>" that's
different.  As is "I dislike X because <reasons>" or "I need X because
<reasons>".

Hope that clarifies!
Rusty.