I’m pretty sure one can run whatever they want even without a BIP. There is
nobody here to do any “allowing”. On the other hand, standards development is
tedious for good reason.

Generally speaking, overloading is a primary source of complexity (creating
more branches in code and human explanation). Nevertheless this is verack
payload, no additional messages are necessary or helpful.