Hi Peter,

> Only because the block reward goes away. If it was made to continue
> indefinitely - most likely with an inflation hard fork - demand for block
> space
> would not be critical to Bitcoin's security.

I am not completely against your proposal although 100% sure this will not have
"consensus" to be implemented. I think if bitcoin doesn't have enough demand
for block space, it should die. I will be sad if bitcoin doesn't exist but it
should be a lesson for all the people opposing soft forks based on drama and
politics instead of technical review.

I don't see anything wrong with users paying 100x fees for opening and closing
LN channels.

/dev/fd0

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.