Hi cndm1,

> If you see a "lack of basic options" and no one has opened a pull request for
> it, it may be for two reasons.

The basic option to disable all RBF policies in a node's mempool if required
was removed in [PR #16171][1]. No one has opened a pull request to revert this
because most of the maintainers and a few reviewers agreed with this change. It
wasn't required, PR had weak rationale, 2 NACKS and was reopened to merge
because some reviewers/maintainers believe its a policy that cannot be
maintained. One of the reviewers who NACKed it already maintains the config
option to disable all RBF policies in Bitcoin Knots which is a derivative of
Bitcoin Core.

> However, repeatedly demanding others to do it for you is not helpful in open
> source software development.

I am not demanding anyone to add a few lines of code and open a pull request. I
am _reviewing_ a pull request in an open source project and sharing my
feedback. Even Antoine and Luke agreed to add it if other reviewers have no
issues or I can do it. This option in context with another being added for a
new RBF policy was being discussed in [PR #25353][2] and my earlier emails in
this thread.

Other 'basic options' will be easier to accommodate with `-mempoolreplacement`
used in [PR #25373] which is unlikely to be merged.

[1]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16171
[2]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/25353
[3]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/25373

/dev/fd0