Presumably the people using it feel it is an improvement. However you feel
about it, Ordinals and Inscriptions are now a part of the Bitcoin ecosystem.

Whether Ordinals deserve a BIP is yet to be determined, but it doesn’t seem
appropriate to try and force him to retract it. That solves nothing. If there
is a reason this shouldn’t be a BIP, then that should be laid out as part of
the process and formally rejected. Otherwise it should go through the normal
process and be accepted.

As it is, leaving it in limbo and just hoping that it goes away is not a
solution.

Thanks,

Ryan Breen
@ursuscamp