Hi all,

Luke is definitely entitled to his opinions about ordinals, and I certainly
understand why people may not like ordinals and inscriptions.

I don't think that ordinals are "nonsense", an "attack on Bitcoin", or that
I'm dishonest, as Luke implies, or that my actions are an attempt to
"harm/destroy Bitcoin".

I think that whether or not ordinals are good is something about which
reasonable people do and will disagree, and that an impartial BIP editor
would recognize this above their own personal feelings about the matter.

Also, regarding:

> There is a debate on the PR whether the "technically unsound, ..., or not
in keeping with the Bitcoin philosophy." or "must represent a net
improvement." clauses (BIP 2) are relevant.

As I said in my initial email, I think these standards are being applied in
a way that they have not been to previous BIPs, which include all manner of
things, including changes to bitcoin which are nearly unanimously thought
to be quite harmful if adopted.

Best,
Casey