Hey Yuri,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 6:19 AM Yuri S VB via bitcoin-dev
<bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> down from 136 from ECC.

Schnorr signature has size 64 bytes (serialized format consists of x
coordinate of R and of s, 32 bytes each).

> The whole point is that, in the typical use case in which pre-image of hash
> is, in fact, successfully broadcasted before maturity, commitment, the only
> ECC signature in this protocol is discarded, and only two Lamport hashes end
> up being buried at L1.

Two SHA256 hashes are 64 bytes in total, the same as one schnorr signature.

> To push economy even further, we could implement a memory-hard hash like
> Argon2 to do the same entropy-processing trade-off already utilized for
> passwords, so we could have hashes of, say 12 bytes, making it 24 in total

12 bytes security for spending bitcoins is not enough, is it?

--
Best regards,
Boris Nagaev