Hi All,

Bruce - excellent points. 2N is a good equipment company however can
only run 4 concurrent GSM calls at the same time. The feedback about
integrating 2N with Asterisk is that usually that there are no major
issues.

The cheap (lite) version of a GSM gateway from 2N (a company in Czech
Rep.) can run about $3k CDN , however the enterprise version (+smtp,
+h323, etc.) will set you back about $7k CDN.

There are some cheap Taiwanese products out there
http://www.portech.com.tw/ (some as cheap as $200) - but I have never
tried nor I know anyone that did. Also you should definitely compare
the functionalities of any GSM gateways as they vary.

One of them is for sale here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MV-372-2-ports-VoIP-GSM-Gateway-dual-band-Tri-Band_W0QQitemZ330157262341QQihZ014QQcategoryZ61839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Claudius - good luck!

--