I'm interested.

We are already well on the way towards migrating to FreeSwitch, but good instructor led training can be very helpful, especially if there is time to get into some depth.

I'm willing to bring along a big PoE switch and a handful of Aastra phones.

-Tim

Bruce N wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I know there has been a tutorial or two on FreeSwitch at TAUG meeting but there hasn't been any official trainings in Toronto or maybe all of Canada from the FreeSwitch team. I am very interested to explore FreeSwitch at a deeper level and I contacted Darren Schreiber (co-author of the FreeSwitch Book) and it seems they are interested to offer us their knowledge.

I am writing here to see how many of the members or non-members would like to
attend a whole day event or maybe even a 3 day event. I am also posting here to
see if we can have any volunteers to organize this. The session will include
hands-on installation and running of the system so we require space,
computer(s), and organizers. I can dedicate some time and equipment to it and
have already talked to a few other members who are interested in this as well.
But before going forward we want to know if you will be interested and would it
be a 1-day course or a full training of 3-days course?

Below is an example of what is covered in a 3-day course:
http://freeswitchtraining.eventbrite.com/

A 1-day course might cost peanuts given the trainer offered free training for
the 1-day course. Plane tickets, hotel, etc...might bring costs to ~$250 for 20
people which is a sweet deal for getting under the hood with a help of a pro.
3-days course is also offered but I am not sure how much that will cost us.
Please let me know your thoughts and if you would be interested to join such a session within the context of TAUG summer meeting. All proceeds are to be used for organizing the event and the plane ticket/hotel for the trainer.

- Bruce

--
Tim St. Pierre
IP Voice Technician