Phil,

 Yes. One of my customers  got the same shit form Bell.

  Original Message
From: Douglas Pickett
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 3:14 PM
To: biz@taug.ca
Subject: Re: [biz] Bell business hassles.

I can't say I like their auto-renew. You just get a line printed on your
monthly invoice saying the renewal is coming up. No separate notice, no
actual positive acknowledgement required from the customer that they
want the three year term. No actual contract that someone has to sign.

And the official terms say that you're on the hook for 50% of the
billable amount for the balance of the contract term if you cancel early.

And of course the prices are higher for shorter contract terms, so it
encourages you to go for 3 year instead of month-by-month.

I suppose if you jump up and down and scream loudly enough you might get
them to do something, but maybe not, especially if you're moving your
business away from Bell.

My $0.02.

Doug.