From: Reza - Voipernetics [mailto:r...@voipernetics.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:36 AM
To: "Asterisk Business ‎[biz@taug.ca]‎"
Subject: Re: [biz] Bell business hassles.

*Hey Chuck! *I hear what you are saying.   And for exactly the
frustrating points you have outlined, CRTC now gives the upper hand to the
end user.  Since January 23 2015, number porting per my experience has been
almost effortless and swift.  A normal process of few business
days is now shrunk to 48 hrs.   Emergency porting can be done within
hours but carriers charge an administrative fee as at least 3 people are
involved in the process between the winning and loosing carriers.

*Jim,  thank you sir! *I appreciate the compliment!  This knowledge has been
learned through root canal procedures without the novocain, but the real
thanks goes to the CRTC Information officer who pointed me to the
576 policy, and the hundreds of end users including some VOIP providers who
took the time to file complaints. Yet another awesome example of people and
pen power.

*Ivan,  per your quote, *"Unfortunately, most of these decisions are for
Individuals or Small Businesses... anything similar you've come across for
enterprise contracts? "
Correction:  It also holds true for enterprise contracts being invoiced
$2500 or less per month.

--= A more practical response =--
I have an enterprise customer from Calgary, one of the largest Real Estate
firms.  We've acquired another "enterprise" client from Calgary who is in
the emergency response business.  We had absolutely no problem assisting
them to break away from the "auto renewing" annual contract with the ILEC in
the area.  Sure there was resistance, but we threw the CRTC 576 policy on
the table with success.

The definition of an enterprise, smb or soho is very subjective these days.
But CRTC has a clear definition of "small business".
** CRTC Definition of small-business:  " The telecommunications industry
ombudsman, the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services
(CCTS), defines a “small business” as a business "whose average
monthly telecommunications bill is under $2,500. "   Source:
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm#fnb9

Most Canadian Enterprises having 100 employees, average 2-3 PRI's That's
usually less than $2,500 per month.  CRTC considers this "less than
$2500/month end user", a "small business".

Ivan, call your prospect first thing Monday before somebody else does!
I'm 100% sure they could use the savings and appreciate your services.

Cheers!
Reza.

--
FOUNDER & SR. TELECOM ANALYST