Hi Joey,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 17:41:20 -0400, Joey Morris wrote:
> Patrick Bogen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:16:45AM
> -0500:
> > On 4/13/06, Johannes Winkelmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> I agree that you should allow shadows to be enabled separately for focused
> and unfocused windows. Seems more consistent with the rest of the stylefile
> that way. Plus, it's no more work for the style writer if he wants to enable
> them both because he can use the * syntax:
>
>   window.label.*.drawShadow: true
Ah, didn't know that syntax, that's cool then. I'll prepare an updated
patch during the next couple of days.

> Also, I see that you named the attribute window.drawShadow. That sounds to
> me like the window itself will have a shadow, but it's actually the label
> text that is shadowed, correct? (Your screenshots do appear to have shadows
> under the windows, so I was a little confused.)
Indeed; I'm sorry if I the screen shot made false promises :-)

> So I would suggest naming
> the attributes
>
>   window.label.focus.drawShadow
>   window.label.unfocus.drawShadow

Agreed, that makes more sense. Should it maybe even be *.textShadow
instead of *.drawShadow? I don't have a strong preference here, but
since the colors are named "textShadowColor", it might be a better
choice. Opinions?

Patrick: I can make the patch update README.styles, however wanted to
get an initial feedback on the resource names first and some hint
whether this might be interesting for others :-).

Thanks for the comments!
Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch