Just to add my thoughts here --

I'm also of the opinion that there's no need to integrate these utilities directly into blackbox -- even as configure options, that starts to get the code distribution getting heavier and heavier, as well as the fact that, with more and more pieces, the whole becomes less modular and more prone to breakage.

At the same time, anyone who's paid any attention to this list knows that, especially with bbkeys, the fact that you have to find programs in multiple places to get keyboard shortcuts and so on can be confusing to some people.  I'd say that, most definately, there ought to be a link to the bbkeys source right beneath the blackbox source on the homepage ... with instructions that if you want keyboard shortcuts, you have to install this package.

An automated installer for the popular blackbox tools would be nice (for instance, they all extract into bbtools/(whatever), and then a common bbtools/install script would compile anything in there and install it.)  I'm just spouting right there, of course; I don't even know how to set up a proper Makefile, so I don't know the best way to do it.

Aardvark Joe