I think we have different versions of modular.

> No, I haven't looked over the BB code.  I haven't had the need.  I apologize
> for my not reviewing the code leading to my lack of awareness regarding BB
> and some key captures.  IMHO, these key captures should be removed from BB's
> native code.  Not used as a reason for yet more key captures to be added.

I don't think everyone should have to audit thier source code, it is
just how I found out about the key events being grabbed.

> There is no need to have BB natively capture key presses.  Having BB not
> capture key presses would in no way lock you to one Workspace.  It is not
> key presses that pop up the menus or interact with them, the built-in pager
> or the tasklist.  Rather, it is the mouse that interacts with these things.

You are right, it is the mouse that interacts with the menus.
Talking to one of my coworkers just sorta surprised me.  I found out
that the alt+click behavior is actually coming through as a modified
mouse event, not a key event.  The only place it looks for key events is
on toolbar stuff.  Wow, my bad.
Still I know a lot of people ask for a key driven menu system, I imagine
it would easier to integrate the key stuff to do this.  Also you won't
have X acting as a middleman when bbkeys and blackbox communicate.

I guess i just expect a window manager to handle key events, since it
already handles the other source of input (mouse).  I realize not
everyone likes that though.

Eric H.