On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:08:56 -0500
Scott Moynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Linux needs nothing. Linux is a kernel.

Ok, I will be more specific: *If* it is a goal to have more people
use the OS based on the Linux kernel in their day to day business
and private computing, good GUI based software is/will be needed.
Look at the success KDE  has. Like it or not, people want candy and
ease of use. I do not like KDE, but what is so great about the OS
based on the Linux kernel is that I do *not* have to use KDE, I can
choose Blackbox, or even no wm at all! :)

If you need to wrap your head around something it is too
complicated. Based on personal experiences and preferences I must be
allowed to come to this conclusion. To me it should be intuitive,
just like I find Blackbox to be.

I have tried mutt several times since I keep having it recommended.
I am probably corrupted somehow, but I find mutt, and even pine, to
be hard to use. Others find it both intuitive and flexible and are
using it on a daily basis. I love this diversity.

My point was only that this guy asks for a GUI mailer recommendation
and gets several mails talking about mutt, and I find
that...ummm...interesting! :)

--
Christian Dysthe
http://www.dysthe.net

        "Everyone ought to have a Lower East Side
         in their life"

                                -Irving Berlin-