Christian Dysthe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:48:28 -0500
> Scott Moynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> > Every email client is
> > basically a collection of text areas all connected together to do
> > one job: create and read email.

Just to be a PITA:

> And a lot more. At least to me. It is a database, it is my memory (I
> need search capabilities).

mutt has very good search-capabilities.  In addition, mails are stored
in a standard forat, so that you can easily and happily grep through
your mail and perform searches that are far beyond those any
GUI-email-client is capable of.

> It is where I conduct a lot of business,
> therefore I need spell checking so that my mails look good.

Use a spell-checker then.  How about ispell?  With a decent editor
(which *should* be independent of the MUA) it's trivial to invoke the
spellchecker before you quit it.  Or not, if you don't want this.

> It is my
> address book as well.

No, it's not.  It ("it" being the kind of reader you are looking for or
are used to) usually _includes_ an addressbook. Which, in most cases, is
incompatible with any other MUA, so if you want to switch, you have to
import/export the whole addressbook from/into another format (if
possible at all).  Here's a thought: you want to store addresses?  Store
them in an addressbook.  Configure your MUA and/or editor in such a way
that you can easily access the addressbook.

> I could go on and on regarding this.

Me too.

-Jan

--