On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:09:28 -0800 (PST)
"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a) are there any OS/2 people out there using blackbox.  I would like to remove
> the OS/2 cruft if possible.

Never tried it. And from what I heard, I never want to.
Happy with Linux.

> b) the slit is currently a compile time option which I think is a little
> silly. How many of you actually compile with the slit turned off?  How many of
> those would care if the slit was still in the code, but only active if an app
> was actually in it?  In other words, why are you disabling the slit?

I *always* use the slit, with GKrellM, bbpager, licq, etc. I also have bbkeys in
there, because I have sometimes cycled through windows and suddenly had a little
icon on my desktop which takes up an alt+tab position. Also, it helps me to see
that it's vanished at times. Not often, but easier to check if it's in the slit.

Now to have a way to turn off the toolbar. That would be nice. Just having it
hidden can still cause small annoyances.

I don't mind either of these still compiled in and active, but it would make
sense that they can be turned off at run time. RPM's tend to have *everything*
compiled in.

I look forward to many years of Blackbox.

Speedy
--

Of all the things you can accomplish by screwing up your face and swearing
into a darkened room, sleep is not one of them.