Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> a) are there any OS/2 people out there using blackbox.  I would like to remove
> the OS/2 cruft if possible.

Never having used OS/2, I don't care either way, but it's an almost
philosphical question: should support for any Operating System be
dropped if the usernumber falls below a certain number?  I guess since
OS/2's basically dead, it really doesn't matter.

> b) the slit is currently a compile time option which I think is a little silly.
>  How many of you actually compile with the slit turned off?  How many of those
> would care if the slit was still in the code, but only active if an app was
> actually in it?  In other words, why are you disabling the slit?

At home I use the slit with one or two dockapps - at work I don't use
the slit at all, and even though I never recompiled bb to exclude the
slit (I would if I didn't use it at home, but can't as at work I don't
want to have a copy of BB separate from the systemwide install), I think
it's a good idea to have it be a compile-time option.

The Toolbar I only use for the date's advanced capabilities (strftime)
over bbdate.  If the Toolbar could be a compile-time option[1], I'd leave
it out and adjust bbdate to support strftime and construct my own
Toolbar-lookalike from bbmail, bbdate and bbweather.

In short: my vote is to keep both slit and toolbar as compile-time
options.  After all, BB *is* trying to be (watch out, used-up
standard-argument) minimalist.

-Jan

[1] Yes, thre's a patch for that - I might try it some day.

--
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]