In message: Re: [BlackBox] I know I'm not supposed to like eyecandy, but...
(<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
on 08/02/2002 (Fri 09:36) Jeff Taylor wrote:

> I run at 1280x1024 (17" LCD) and still use BB for the extra room.  Of
> course, I ran BB on a Sun 21" display because of the room.  I've tried
> 3-4 Desktop Environments and have concluded I just don't like them.
> I'd rather type "rm file" in a terminal window than drag a file icon
> in a file manager to a trash can.

Ah, but therein lies the beauty of Blackbox.  I run it both at work (21"
display @ 1600x1200) and at home (19" display @ 1280x1024) and when
combined with ROX I really don't need a "Desktop Environment".  I can
drag-and-drop 'till I'm blue in the face, but nothing is really bogging
things down.  And after snarfing the 'Slick' icon set from kde-look.org
the whole thing looks nice without trading screen real-estate or
utility.  I'm still just one click away from my beloved xterms.  :-)

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald
:wq