Hi out there,

i'd like to propose a few enhancements to window placement
in blackbox:

1. Fully automatic mode ("Grid mode")

   Sometimes I'm really not in a mood to touch my mouse and
   move windows around.  It'd be cool if blackbox had an option
   "no overlap" (or something) that makes it automatically resize
   all windows for them all to remain visible even when there
   is no pixelspace left and a new window pops up.
         Especially when working with a large number of xterms I'd often
         prefer to handle my screen more like a grid (moving the border
         between two windows shrinks one and enlarges the other) than
         having to arrange everything manually - never reaching
         ultimo satisfaction with the "pixel-waste-ratio".
         In that mode there should be a "fix"-flag to be manually
         set on windows that are never to be auto-resized.  Also
         an option that makes bb consider the currently focus'ed window
         always "fixed" seems handy to me.

2. No Overlap ("the other mode")

   Another nice gimmick to have would be a mode that turns all windows
         "invincible".  So when moving or resizing one, you can never cross the
         borders of another.  Maybe a Meta-Keycombo would do for this.
         (holding CTRL+ALT while resizing or something)

So anyone else consider any of the above useful?

best regards
--
,Moe