On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 08:46:30PM -0400, thelupine wrote:
> Third:  Is there a default/global setting to force BB to
> remember windows postion, size...attributes?  I'll resize
> and position a window the way I want it, and then it loses
> this the next time I launch it.

Once you decide how you like things, pass geometry arguments to your
applications.  Anything xaw is going to support a -geometry option.
Netscape and Mozilla support a resource setting to control their position
and size.

> Also, is the only way to resize a window, is by alt+clicking and the bar
> at the bottom?  Is there a way, or a plan in the future to allow clicking
> on the side, to drag out horizontally?

Gah, I hope not.  Grabbing a window on the edges should be for moving it,
not resizing it.  Resizing it is what the grips are for.  One of the things
that annoys me about so many other window managers is resizing a window
when I actually only intended to move it.  Being able to grab the window
frame and drop it somewhere else is one of blackbox's strengths, imho.

> Fourth:  everyone see that themes.org has moved to Freshmeat?  Happy, Sad
> or Indifferent?

I have to say that I don't care.  This is one of those "yippie-skippie"
kind of things.  Realistically, I know that themes.org has some kind of
great religious significance to all the cluebies, but it's a yawn as far as
I'm concerned.  How many of these people actually try and USE any of their
creations?  I always think of the 10-year-old who's covered his skateboard
with surf stickers or something.

I had thought it was going to disappear completely.  That absolutely HORRID
user interface they came up with deserves to be buried somewhere for all
time. ^_^

--
Marc Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]