On 03-May-2002 Chris Grossmann wrote:
> I'm still getting apps not swallowed on the slit..
>
> It appears to be intermittant.  For instance, "asmon" and
> "wavemon" are always swallowed into the slit, but sometimes
> "artifacts" appear from where they were before they were
> swallowed.  (most interesting, is that these artifacts are
> "active", and changes to the actual app update the
> artifact..).

If you launch an app and change workspaces before it finishes loading this
might cause the artifacts.  What the artifacts represent is a window which was
reparented but the frame not destroyed.

When a new window (of any type) is launched BlackboxWindow is created, if it
finds out the new window is a dock app the new window is reparented to the slit
and the BlackboxWindow destroyed.  However there are little race conditions
where this might not happen.

I am eager to seal this bug, I just need more eyes on the code.  My time is
limited currently.