On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:08:01AM +0930, Tim Riley wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:33:34AM -0500, xOr wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:47:26PM +0930, Tim Riley wrote:
> > > Imho, for this sort of bog standard window behaviour, a sane default
> > > should be picked, and kept.  Otherwise (that is, after feature freeze), we
> > > might get config item creep!
> >
> > I, for one, see no problem with this config item creep. :) They add enormous
> > amounts of flexibility, at really, no cost. I think the more options (to
> > a point:) the better.
>
> It just seems that some of the proposed config options are so obtuse and
> subtle that the average man on the free unix might not understand it.  For
> such things, I believe a sensible default is more appropriate.  For
> example, a concept like "focus window on workspace change" is a behaviour
> far too complex to convey adequatley in a configuration option, and the
> change in behaviour this option toggles is so subtle that, imo, not many
> would notice it if it were absent from the config menu.

Heh, are you, by chance, a ClickToFocus user? Because it seems to me
that that option makes a hell of a lot of difference when you are using
SloppyFocus. :) Also, if the menu entry doesn't make sense, then there
should be a document describing what each option does more thoroughly.
Make them understandable rather than remove them.

> This, I believe, would be much the case for a "don't allow maximised
> windows to be moved" option.  If you don't want to move them, then don't!
> ;)

xOr
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.