> The strut does appear to be recomputed when auto hide is enabled.  However
> there
> is a problem with the border width being over used.  With a border width of 1
> or 2 this is hard to notice, I set mine to 4 to make it obvious.

Problem found.

When either the slit or toolbar is hidden all blackbox does is move it off
screen (simple x,y translation).  The hidden object is bevel_width pixels plus
the border_widtrh on screen.  When the object is not hidden it has 2 borders
(left and right or top and bottom depending on position and object).  The bug
was the code always did:

foo + (border_width * 2)

the solution was to simply take into account whether the object was marked for
hiding and only use one border in that case.  Will commit this in a moment.