On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:02:15 -0500 (CDT) Cary Mathews
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Umm, hi. I've been using BB for a while, really enjoy the minimal feel.
> I just upgraded from 0.62.1 to 0.65.x (from sourceforge) and had some
> confusion over terminology. I had assumed that the "slit" was the bar at
> the bottom of the screen which had the workspace name in it and the
> time. But from this discussion I see that there is (also?) a "toolbar"?
> Where is that enabled, or is what I have desribed as the "slit" really
> the"toolbar"? If that is the case, what is the slit? :}

You have described the toolbar.  The slit is place for docking apps.  In
most cases, the app either supports the slit (which I believe is more or
less the same as the WindowMaker wharf) or doesn't.  I seem to recall an
app that would swallow others into the slit, but don't recall the exact
name.  For a good example of a slit app you could try either bbkeys or
gkrellm.  Launch either app with the "-w" command line option and the slit
will be revealed.

> (Sorry for posting to an older thread, but this has the history for
> those who may not understand what I'm talking about.)

Nothing to be sorry about.  Tiz what I would have done.

--
Jamin W. Collins