I haven't used the web search module in a while, I've switched to an
applescript solution for that too:
read about it here:   or download qSearch.applescript here:

But my sense is, because the websearch module searches text in QS's
third pane,  and both Send Selection (built in and qsGetSel) to
Quicksilver solutions send the text to QS's first pane, that
integrating the two is difficult.

it's also hard to set up triggers to do two things (grab a selection
and then web search).

but its not hard to write/adapt an applescript to do what you want.

qsSelToSearch   does just that  : http://is.gd/bj3DF

download, unzip, and move it to ~/Library/Scripts/ folder
restart QS.
Go to triggers and click the plus sign.
start typing qsSelToSearch until it comes up,  hit tab
set the second trigger pane to "run" the script
hit save and set up a keyboard shortcut.
Now select some text and hit your trigger.

The script is currently set up to search google with your selected
text.
But it is very easy to change it to any websearch.  It uses Yubnub
(go to http://yubnub.org/ to learn more).
Yubnub lets easily search just about any website, you just send it a
prefix (for google its "g") and a search.
So "g puppies" via yubnub  will google search "puppies".

If you open qsSelToSearch in AppleScript Editor you'll notice the
first line is
property mySearch : "g"

to change search engines, all you have to do is change the "g" to
whatever yubnub prefix works for your desired search.
to search IMDB change the "g" to "imdb"
to search yahoo change it to "y"
google images "gim"
wikipedia "wp"
and so on.

Since, I assume, you won't want to constantly open and change the one
variable depending on what search you want,
duplicate qsSelToSearch for each trigger you want to set up to send a
selection to a web search,
rename the scripts appropriately (qsSelToWikipedia, qsSeltoGoogle,
etc)
and in each script change that one variable.

Enoy.