Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 07/22/05 19:32 CST:

>>If I can get patches for Cracklib and Heimdal prepared tonight or
>>tomorrow, are we going to try to get the new Cracklib into BLFS before
>>the release of 6.1?
>
> I don't think we are that close to release yet.  If you are comfortable
> with the changes, they can go into 6.1.

Okay. I worked with the cracklib package enough now to know that I
can create the Heimdal patches.

I'm going to commit the changes to Shadow to update it to 4.0.9 so
that we're at the same rev version as LFS.

This leaves updating Linux-PAM to 0.80 and Cracklib to 2.8.3. For the
short time being, I suggest we update these two packages and allow (ask)
folks to start big-time testing. Should be a no-brainer, but extensive
testing would be good.

In the meantime, let's not put a Cracklib-Hiemdal patch in the Cracklib
package until I finish with it (should be tonight, but most likely
will be 'morrow now). Nothing that I'll do with Heimdal patches affects
the Cracklib package as my method for creating the libcrack_heimdal
library is to duplicate the lib directory in the Cracklib tree and
make all mods there. So, there is no affect on the libcrack library
whatsoever.

I'll also put a note in the Heimdal instructions saying that the the
Cracklib stuff is being prepared and to not use it for the time being.

This will allow us to get started testing the Cracklib/PAM/Shadow stuff
which is most important after all.

Does this sound like a good plan?  DJ?

--
Randy

20:15:00 up 111 days, 19:48, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00