On 1/25/06, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 01/25/06 11:24 CST:
> > When I tried to look at Nico's svg file of dependencies, I found I
> > didn't have an svg viewer.  There is one built into firefox, but we
> > don't enable it by default.  Is there a reason why?
> >
> > I would *recommend*  :) that we change this.  It took me 45 minutes to
> > rebuild FF on a 3GHz system.

That's funny.  It takes me about 3.5 hours to rebuild firefox.

> It is expensive. It takes time and disk space, and I believe it adds
> some overhead to the running Firefox.

This might be true.  I don't know if this is the only reason, but
firefox-1.5 is stressing my box noticeably harder than firefox-1.0.

> 1) You should review the options in the .mozconfig file and enable
> any of them you may need and
>
> 2) The option for SVG is well described in the file.

I think I agree with Randy here.  While I think that SVG support is
super-neato, others might not.  Part of the point of using the
mozconfig file is that instead of adding everything at the command
line, you have a text file with extensive comments to decide what you
want and what you don't.

> Additionally, it would be the only option that you must disable if
> you *don't* want it. Everything else is the exact opposite. You must
> enable it if you *do* want it.

Not exactly.  You left --enable-canvas on by default and that's not standard.

--
Dan