> >> Why? I'm sure most people installing Pango do so simply because it's
> >> required by GTK+-2.
That's what I thought too: starting with version 2.7 gtk2 insisted on
finding a cairo-enabled pango. If that is still the case, then
recommending cairo for pango seems appropriate to me.

> A note saying that if you plan on installing GTK+-2, you should install
> Cairo before Pango, should be enough.
Thats fine too. Although it is not marked that way, that is IMHO even
more than just a recommendation, it is one with explanation...

Uwe