Hi all,

I would like to propose that we institute a 'soft' package update
freeze in anticipation of the 6.2.1 release of BLFS. The 'soft'
freeze meaning that if we need to update a package, then fine, but
it must be noted on this list (BLFS Dev) that the package is going
to be updated and why.

The existing tickets in Trac that are
1) package updates
2) slated for the 6.2.0 release
3) already assigned to an editor

must be addressed by January 24 or they will be reassigned to
the generic blfs-book (nobody) account and re-evaluated for the
6.2.0 release. These existing tickets that are assigned and
slated for 6.2.0 do not need discussion.

At the end of January we'll institute a 'hard' freeze, and only
defects in the book will be addressed. I'd like to to put out a
6.2.1-beta1 version in the first week of February.

Here is a list of all the tickets slated for the 6.2.0 release and
not already assigned to an editor:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/query?status=new&status=reopened&milestone=6.2.0&order=id

If you are willing to take on any of these tickets, please let
someone know (via BLFS-Dev or if you have rights to Trac, please
accept the ticket).

Here is a list of the tickets slated for 6.2.0 and have already
been assigned. These are the ones that must be completed by
January 24th, or they will be reassigned and reevaluated.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/query?status=assigned&milestone=6.2.0&order=id

If you have questions or comments, please speak up.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
11:01:00 up 2 days, 11:15, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.12, 0.17