Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Σαβ, Ιαν 13, at 11:15 Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
>> I've been using openssh-4.5p1 for about a week now. I don't do
>> anything really fancy with port forwarding, but I do use it quite a
>> bit with PAM, X11 forwarding and pub key authentication. It's been
>> working fine so far.
>>

> Dan a simple verification,regarding X11 forwarding.
>
> Sshd in order to set up the authentication correctly,uses xauth,
> but is looking for the xauth binary in (/usr/X11R6/bin),which obviously
> is a problem for those who install X in /usr (the majority I guess).
>
> As a result I was receiving errors,such "Can't open display" or
> slowdowns.
>
> I found 3 solutions.
> a. The configure switch "--with-xauth=/usr/bin/xauth"
> b. The following sed,
> sed -i '/_PATH_XAUTH/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/@@' pathnames.h
> c. Specify the location of the xauth binary in sshd_config,eg...
> XAuthLocation /usr/bin/xauth
>
> Can you verify it?

I can verify that none of the above is needed. Looking at the
configure.in from openssh-4.5p1 i see.

AC_ARG_WITH(xauth,
        [  --with-xauth=PATH       Specify path to xauth program ],
        [
                if test -n "$withval"  &&  test "x$withval" != "xno"  &&  \
                    test "x${withval}" != "xyes"; then
                        xauth_path=$withval
                fi
        ],
        [
                TestPath="$PATH"
                TestPath="${TestPath}${PATH_SEPARATOR}/usr/X/bin"
                TestPath="${TestPath}${PATH_SEPARATOR}/usr/bin/X11"
                TestPath="${TestPath}${PATH_SEPARATOR}/usr/X11R6/bin"
                TestPath="${TestPath}${PATH_SEPARATOR}/usr/openwin/bin"
                AC_PATH_PROG(xauth_path, xauth, , $TestPath)
                if (test ! -z "$xauth_path" && test -x
"/usr/openwin/bin/xauth") ; then
                        xauth_path="/usr/openwin/bin/xauth"
                fi
        ]
)

This will search your PATH before X11R6 anyway. If you just simply put
xorg_prefix/bin in your path it will work.

grep found.*xauth config.log
configure:30816: found /usr/X11R7/bin/xauth