I'm getting prepared to commit OpenJDK (IcedTea-2.1) to the book,
however, I wanted to ask for opinions on how to do the downloads. The
IcedTea tarball only contains the build environment. The makefile will
download the needed files as part of the build process (alternately you
can use the "download" make target). Unfortunately, the files are named
with git sums and renamed to something useful in the source tree. In all
other BLFS instructions, packages can be downloaded prior to building.
So options are, download 7 files with names such as 7ceda3124828.tar.gz,
host on anduin with the files already renamed, or just let the makefile
handle it with a note saying that if you want to build offline, you'll
need to download these files before hand?

-- DJ Lucas