On 05/14/2012 10:38 AM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> [...]

Okay, well this is gonna be ugly compared to typical book instructions,
but: x86_64 production bin file is in place. It no longer includes
IcedTea-Web. I have not built on i686 yet. Help would be appreciated
here, but I'll get to it in a few days if nobody steps up. I've included
a tar.xz extract of the Fedora i686 RPM to use as an initial bootstrap
compiler. If anybody would like to create the i686 binary, please do a
bootstrap build using the Fedora JDK, followed by a bootstrap using the
previously created one, and then tar it up with the format of the x86_64
file, after having run the test suite against the final. I'm currently
looking into the few remaining test suite failures, but I suspect a
number of them are related to running in twm (windows not automatically
anchored in awt tests).

Files are available here:
Bin builds:
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/OpenJDK-1.7.0.3-x86_64-bin.tar.xz
or
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.3-i686-fedora-18.tar.xz

Source files:
http://icedtea.classpath.org/download/source/icedtea-2.1.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/corba.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/hotspot.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/jaxp.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/jaxws.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/jdk.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/langtools.tar.gz
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/OpenJDK/openjdk.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/rhino1_7R3.zip

Patches:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/icedtea/icedtea-2.1-upstream_fixes-2.patch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/icedtea/icedtea-2.1-fixed_paths-1.patch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/icedtea/icedtea-2.1-add_cacerts-1.patch

Instructions:

Extract the binary installation, and move it to /opt/icedtea-bin
Extract Rhino and put the js.jar and js-14.jar files into /usr/share/java

Extract the icedtea-2.1 tarball as would normally be done.
link the other tar.gz downloads into the source tree:

ln -s ../openjdk.tar.gz .&&
ln -s corba.tar.gz .&&
ln -s jaxp.tar.gz .&&
ln -s jaxws.tar.gz .&&
ln -s jdk.tar.gz .&&
ln -s langtools.tar.gz .&&
ln -s hotspot.tar.gz .

Apply the patches and prep for build:

patch -Np1 -i ../icedtea-2.1-upstream_fixes-2.patch&&
patch -Np1 -i ../icedtea-2.1-fixed_paths-1.patch&&
patch -Np1 -i ../icedtea-2.1-add_cacerts-1.patch&&
./autogen.sh

Finally, build and install the thing:

./configure --with-jdk-home=/opt/icedtea-bin \
             --enable-nss \
             --enable-pulse-java&&
make&&
make -k jtregcheck&&
sudo install -vdm755 /opt/OpenJDK-1.7.0.3&&
ln -sv OpenJDK-1.7.0.3 /opt/openjdk&&
sudo cp -R openjdk-build/j2sdk-image/* /opt/OpenJDK-1.7.0.3

Finally, set JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH (adjusting for what is currently in the
book vs new directories), and test.

-- DJ Lucas